1.31.2009

Instead of jail, maybe Blagojevich should be sentenced to wash his mouth out with soap.

If you've been following the Blagojevich scandal, you may have already seen this interview, or clips of it on cable news:


It's a long clip, and I'm not going to go into detail about all the extremely arrogant statements he makes (did he really just compare himself to Mandela, King, and Gandhi?), but check out what he says about three minutes into the clip:
"If you can hear the whole story, I think the whole story will tell a story of a governor who's on the side of the people, who takes on powerful interests, expresses frustration, and uses some language that, frankly, had I known somebody was listening, I wouldn't use, and I'll point out, when some of that language was used, there were no women on the phone" (emphasis mine).
Seriously? Does he really think he's on trial for using bad language? And as for his defense that there were no women on the phone, WTF? (Make no mistake, by the way-- I have just as much of a foul mouth as Blago. I'm just using the acronym to avoid offending you ladies.) Remind me again, what century is this?

1 comment:

Timothy Dailey-Valdés said...

Awesome post, Ems. Blagojevich makes all men look bad. What a jackass.